Papers Online in IEEE Xplore
Papers for the IPTA can be found on the page for the Workshops on Image Processing Theory, Tools and Applications, IPTA page.
IPTA'22 Best Paper Award
Maximilian Ernst Tschuchnig • Philipp Grubmüller • Lea Maria Stangassinger • Christina Kreutzer • Sebastien Couillard-Despres • Gertie Janneke Oostingh • Anton Hittmair • Michael Gadermayr
for the paper
Evaluation of Multi-Scale Multiple Instance Learning to Improve Thyroid Cancer Classification
2022-05-11 Gallery with images is online.
2022-04-04 Registration is online again, Author / Early bird registration deadline extended to 2022.04.07 (Thursday CET).
2022-04-01 Announcing an Industrial Talk:
- Fight Fraud and Bias in Face Biometrics
Lukas Bayer (Jumio)
2022-03-29 The University was hacked, the payment system should be fine but for security reasons we disabled the registration until the situation is resolved. The Author registration period will of course be extended to compensate for the span of unavailability.
2022-03-16 We have reserved a number of rooms in Hotels near the conference for your convenience. These are somewhat limited and given away on a first come, first serve basis. These reservations will end on 2022-04-03, if you intend to use these reservations please do so before this deadline.
2022-03-10 Registration is open. Remember authors are required to register a full registration at the conference no later than 2022.03.31.
2022-03-08 Announcing a Tutorial:
- Medical Video Processing by Klaus Schöffmann
2022-03-08 Announcing the invited speakers:
- Relevant Content Detection in Cataract Surgery Videos
Klaus Schöffmann (University of Klagenfurt)
- touchless4f: A dedicated device for contactless fingerprint scanning
Bernhard Strobl (AIT Austria)
- Next Frontiers of Machine Vision & Learning
Björn Ommer (TU Munich)
- Explainable AI for Humanitarian Action
Stefan Lang, Dirk Tiede (University of Salzburg)
2022-03-02 Submission date for the camera ready paper is pushed back to 2022-03-06.
2022-02-25 The conference will be held in person, i.e., not hybrid or online.
Location of IPTA 2022: 19.04. - 22.04.2022, Salzburg, Austria
The eleventh International Conference on Image Processing Theory, Tools and Applications IPTA 2022 aims at gathering international researchers, innovators, educators, and practitioners in image processing for attending extensive educational high level materials, sharing their achievements, exchanging their experiences and discussing future orientations. The conference aims to provide an excellent forum to meet and discuss various important issues on image processing and applications. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Image formation, scanning, display and printing
- Image and video processing, coding and compression
- Pattern recognition and computer vision
- Perceptual analysis of images and video
- Image forensics and security
- Machine Learning methods for image and video analysis
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Artificial Intelligence for weather and climate modelling
Proposed Special Sessions:
- Special Session 1: Processing and Protection of Encrypted Multimedia Data
- Special Session 2: Biological & Medical Image Analysis
- Special Session 3: Visual Computing in Digital Humanities
- Special Session 4: Computational Understanding of thin Structures
- Special Session 5: Structural Health Monitoring Using Computer Vision and Deep Learning Techniques
- Special Session 6: Explainable AI for Medical Imaging
- Special Session 7: Network Science in Computer Vision
The IPTA'22 is organised in parallel with the 10th International Workshop on Biometrics and Forensics (IWBF 2022) at the same location during the same time to provide the possibility to exploit synergies betweeen the two events (see the IWBF 2022).
Full paper submission deadline: 31.01.2022
Authors are invited to submit a maximum of 6 pages including figures and references. Submission details can be found on the Submission page.
All accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore and will be submitted for indexing by EI.
A selection of the best papers from the conference will be invited to submit an extended version to special issues of journals, including:
- Journal of Imaging
- EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing
We welcome general support of the IPTA'22 to assist in our goal of promoting research and innovation in data processing, machine learning and its applications.
Acknowledgements of the sponsors, such as the company and the institution's name, product, and logo, will appear in the main page of IPTA'22 and in all public documents including the proceedings and IEEE Xplore.